"Dear God, the young people's lives that are being destroyed today. I cannot believe how Christians are putting their kids out in the public arena and having them defiled through our education systems. ..You know all of the uproar today of kids being afraid to go to school... Our children are here, we keep 'em safe. Praise God. I pity the dude that tries to come here and shoot somebody."
And so, in light of this bold declaration....
"Our children are here, we keep 'em safe"
I have a few questions for Calvary Temple leadership and members.
- What about those that have left Calvary Temple because of childhood sexual, physical, psychological and emotional abuse?
- What about those currently IN YOUR CONGREGATION who say they have been abused?
- And adults currently IN YOUR CONGREGATION who have been accused of child sexual and physical abuse?
- What about the ongoing investigation of Calvary Temple concerning these allegations?
- What do you think of the fact that the still active investigation by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and the State Police has been turned over to the Virginia Commonwealth Attorney?
There are children outside of Calvary Temple and amongst you that do not feel safe and protected. On the contrary, they feel used and abused, vulnerable, and decidedly UNPROTECTED AND UNSAFE.
- And finally, are you troubled by the fact that Star Scott has recently told you he has criminal charges that he had expunged from his record? and that in the context of this message, he made it clear that you are not to ask what it was that he had expunged?
note - you must pay to have your record expunged, and usually you must hire a lawyer to handle the details.
John 3:19 This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.
Isaiah 29:15 Woe to those who deeply hide their plans from the LORD, And whose deeds are done in a dark place, And they say, "Who sees us?" or "Who knows us?
Jeremiah 16:17 For My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from My face, nor is their iniquity concealed from My eyes.
From the Washington Post Article dated July 1, 2018
"The email alleged that Scott Sr. had molested his two young nieces for years, starting when he was a youth pastor at Greenfield Assembly of God Church in Bakersfield, Calif., and continuing into his Herndon days in the early ’70s. “THEY WERE JUST INNOCENT CHILDREN AND YOU ABUSED YOUR POWER AND AUTHORITY,” the email said. According to Scott Jr.’s former wife, the couple also reported the allegations to the Herndon Police Department. (Scott Jr. did not respond to messages sent through intermediaries seeking comment.) In a partially redacted copy of a 2008 police report that I obtained under a Freedom of Information Act request, one of the nieces, Lori Upshaw, confirmed the story. The report said that Virginia prosecutors declined to pursue the case and suggested the victim press charges in California. But she ultimately decided not to do so. Reached by phone, Upshaw, who was a Greenfield congregant, said her uncle began molesting her regularly when she was 11 and continued until she was 15."