I wonder if I might ask you a few questions, especially to those who have not seen or spoken to family members that have left Calvary Temple:
- Are you very, very sure that you have a biblical mandate to cut off your spouse, children, grandchildren, parents, relatives or friends?
- Have you tried to find out if the people that have been cut off from members of Calvary Temple are truly in biblical sin? And if so, does the Bible really teach you that you are to have nothing to do with them because of that sin?
- Have you contacted those who are cut off and spoken with them about their (supposed) sin? Heard the other side of the story? (does our law condemn a man without first hearing him to find out what he has been doing? John 7:51. He that answers a matter before he hears it, it is folly and a shame to him. Proverbs 18:13).
- If you do not know what has caused them to be shunned, found out if it is biblically mandated, and sought them out to hear the matter, then why have YOU shunned them? You have hated people just on the word of another?
- Is leaving to attend another church a biblical mandate to shun someone?
- Is wanting to marry someone outside of CT and attend another church a reason to destroy a family?
- Is not wanting to remain under the leadership of a man who is not qualified to be a pastor (according to 1 Timothy) a reason to divorce your spouse?
- Is the leadership of CT the only ones who can decide whom you should speak to?
- Who is the head of your family? Calvary Temple Leadership or Jesus Christ? Star Scott or the husband/father/head of the household?
- Who is to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit for the direction of your life? Calvary Temple leadership or you?
- Should you blindly obey Calvary Temple leadership without knowing all the facts?
- HOW LONG WILL YOU HIDE FROM THE TRUTH AND SUPPORT LIES?
A few specific questions to a some CT members:
- To the wife of M...... What biblical reason did you have to divorce your godly husband? Did you not promise to love him all the days of your life? What gave you the right to break the covenant of marriage? Was illness a reason to divorce him? Were you just too selfish to stand by your husband through the difficult times? What sin did he commit that caused you to cut off all hope of a long and godly marriage? Didn't God say He hates divorce?
- To the four F..... children: what exactly is your mother's sin? Are you absolutely positive she is not serving God? (and suppose she is not serving God, is that a reason to end a relationship with your mother?) What does it mean to honor your mother? Who did you always know her to be? Is it possible she is still the same loving, godly mother you always knew? Shouldn't you find out for yourself? What if she has only spoken the truth?
- To the wife of A....: What does the scripture mean concerning "pleased to dwell"? (a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away. 1 Cor 7:13). If it does not apply in your situation, when does it apply? Why was this written if not for you, K....., to give your children their father and to give your husband an opportunity to be converted by what should be your chaste lifestyle? (that they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior. 1 Peter 3:2). What godly behavior does he see in you now?
- To the wife of J.... How are you justified in divorcing your husband - the head of your household - because you do not agree with his decision to lead his family out of CT? (Wives, be subject to you own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. Eph 5:22). Do you notice that Star Scott's name is not in that scripture? When does this scripture apply? Just when you want it to?
- To the son of R and P: Are you positive your parents are not serving God? and are you sure you are supposed to shun them because they do not attend CT? Are you to shun them because they have spoken the TRUTH about Calvary Temple leadership? What does the scripture mean to honor your parents? Please note that the scripture does not say you are to honor your parents only when they are obeying the leadership of Calvary Temple. It just says to honor them. Period.
- To H... and M....: I ask the same questions of you both. You have dishonored your parents for many years, all because they disagreed with the leadership of CT. Are they not serving God? Even if they weren't, how are you, the supposed Christians, to treat them?
- To the daughter of G... and M....: I often think and pray for you and wonder how you lay your head on the pillow at night and not weep with shame. You know your parents, you know the love they have for Jesus, the lives they have led as they serve Jesus and His body. And yet you take the word of another man (or men) and refuse to stand against the lies and deceit. You know your parents have spoken only the truth. It is time for you to stand up and speak the truth yourself. Take your children and return to the home of your parents. They will do whatever it takes to protect you and them.
To many others in Calvary Temple that have shunned their family and friends, divided their homes, hated their brothers and sisters - I advise you to be very, very sure you are 100% right. If you are wrong, you are in opposition to God. You cannot hide behind leadership and say you were just being obedient. You must be obedient to God rather than to man. If you are wrong, you will find yourself answering to God for the destruction of families and even souls. And the truth is, you are wrong in believing the twisted lies of Calvary Temple leadership.